Access to Information Manual
Ntando Investments 14 (Pty) Ltd – Reg nr.#2019/569116/07 (converted from Ntando investments 14 CC – Reg nr. #1999/031496/23)
MANUAL PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT, NR. 2 OF 2000
The aim of the manual is to assist potential requestors as to the procedure to be followed when requesting access to information / documents from NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD as contemplated in terms of the Act.
The manual may be amended from time to time and as soon as any amendments have been finalised, the latest version of the manual will be made public.
Any requestor is advised to contact Mr Nelio de Sa should he / she require any assistance in respect of the utilisation of this manual and / or the requesting of information/documents from NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD.
The following words will bear the following meaning in this manual:-
“the Act” shall mean the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Nr. 2 of 2000, together with all relevant regulations published;
“the / this manual” shall mean this manual together with all annexure thereto as available at the offices of NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD from time to time;
“NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD” shall mean CHILLIES SOFTWARE, structured as a private company which is an authorized Financial Services Provider and Investment Manager;
“SAHRC” shall mean the South African Human Rights Commission.
“Information Officer” Nelio de Sa has been appointed as the Information Officer of NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD to which requests for information in terms of the Act, should be addressed.
- CONTACT DETAILS (Section 51(1) (a) of the Act)
Name of body: NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD
Appointed Information Officer: Nelio de Sa
Address: 30 Rooijakkals Street, Bainsvlei,
Postal address: PO Box 17310, Dan Pienaar,
Telephone: 082 7776770
Website address: www.chillies.co.za
- GUIDE IN TERMS OF SECTION 10 OF THE ACT (Section 51(1) (b) of the Act)
In terms of Section 10 of the Act, a guide will be compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission containing such information as may be required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in the Act. The guide will be made available in all official languages by the SAHRC and is obtainable from the SAHRC.
Contact details of the South African Human Rights Commission are as follows:
The Research and Documentation Department
Private Bag 2700
Telephone: +27 11 484 8300
Fax: +27 11 484 0582/1360
- NOTICE(S) IN TERMS OF SECTION 52(2) OF THE ACT (Section 51(1) (c) of the Act)
At this stage no notice(s) has / have been published.
- INFORMATION / DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH OTHER LEGISLATION (Section 51(1) (d) of the Act)
NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD keeps information / documents in accordance with the following legislation (please note that this is not an exhaustive list):-
- Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995
- Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
- Compensation of Occupational Injuries and Disease Act 130 of 1993
- Companies Act 61 of 1973
- Unemployment Insurance Act 63 of 2001
- Value Added Tax Act 89 of 1991
- Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
- Skills Development Act 9 of 1999
- Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002
- Stock Exchanges Control Act 1985
- Financial markets Control Act 1989
- DOCUMENTS / INFORMATION HELD BY CHILLIES INTERNET(PTY)LTD IN TERMS OF THE ACT (Section 51(1)(e) of the Act)
NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD holds the information / documents listed herein below:
– Details relating to the operational, commercial and financial interests of NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD
– Client data base (personal information of clients, commercial and financial information
– Standard Employment Contracts
– Employment Equity Report
– Skills Development Report
– Personnel Report
– Human Resources (personal information of past and present employees and directors
– Insurance policies
- OTHER INFORMATION (Section 51(1) (f) of the Act)
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has to date not published any regulations in terms of this Section.
- AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL (Section 51(3) of the Act)
8.1 This manual is available for inspection at the offices of NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD, free of charge.
8.2 Copies of the manual may be obtained, subject to the prescribed fees, at the offices of NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD.
8.3 The manual can also be accessed on the websites of the SAHRC (www.sahrc.org.za) and NTANDO INVESTMENT 14 (PTY) LTD (www.chillies.co.za ) and will be published in the Government Gazette.
8.4 It should be noted that the manual accessible on the website of the SAHRC and in the Government Gazette, does not include the request forms or fee structure. The request forms and fee structure can be obtained on the SAHRC website (www.sahrc.org.za) or the website of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (www.doj.gov.za) (under “regulations”).
DETAIL ON HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST FOR ACCESS – SECTION 51(e)
- The requester must complete Form C and submit this form together with a request fee, to the head of the private body.
- The form must be submitted to the head of the private body at his/her address, fax number, or electronic mail address.
- The form must:
Provide sufficient particulars to enable the head of the private body to identify the record/s requested and to identify the requester,
Indicate which form of access is required,
Specify a postal address or fax number of the requester in the Republic,
Identify the right that the requester is seeking to exercise or protect, and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right,
If in addition to a written reply, the requester wishes to be informed of the decision on the request in any other manner, to state that manner and the necessary particulars to be informed in the other manner,
If the request is made on behalf of another person, to submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request, to the reasonable satisfaction of the head of the private body.